- Receipt and deposit county funds
- Collect delinquent property taxes
- Collect property tax payments due by July 31
- Prepare and mail delinquent tax notices
- Prepare and mail postponed tax reminder notices
- Prepare tax settlements
- Administer the Lottery and Gaming Credit
- Issue tax certificates
- Issue Applications for Tax Deeds
- Print and disburse accounts payable and payroll checks
- Reconcile the county checking account
- File various reports with the state
Click on Payment Options for more information on payments to the Burnett County Treasurer for delinquent taxes and current taxes due July 31.
Due Dates for Property Tax Payments
The required first installment must be paid to the appropriate town or village treasurer by January 31. The county treasurer cannot accept current year tax payments due by January 31. As a result, telephone and online payment options to the county are deactivated during December, January and February's grace period.
The required second installment, if applicable, must be paid to the Burnett County Treasurer by July 31.
Property tax bills are mailed in December by the town/village treasurer. The tax bill states if payment in full is required by January 31, or if the payment may be paid in two installments. If you choose to pay in two installments and do not make both payments by the due dates of January 31 and July 31, the unpaid tax becomes delinquent as of February 1 and accrues interest at a rate of 1% per month until the tax is paid in full.