On what roads is it legal to ride my ATV/UTV?
It depends on what type of road you are asking about. There are State Highways, County Highways, Town Roads and Village Streets. ALL of these are governed by different agencies.

The Burnett County Highway Department oversees the County Highways (those named by capital letters – i.e. County Hwy D; County Hwy FF, etc.). All of our county roads are open to ATVs and UTVs EXCEPT County Hwy-A from State Hwy 35 to Thompson Road; and County Hwy-O from Jimmy Carter Rd to the St. Croix River.

For information on Town Roads or Village Streets you will need to contact the individual towns and villages. Contact information

Show All Answers

1. What are the seasonal weight limitations?
2. On what roads is it legal to ride my ATV/UTV?
3. Where can I get a moving permit?
4. Where can I report a road condition or problem?
5. Where can I get a driveway permit?
6. Where can I get a utility permit?